There are hundreds of books available on caregiving.
Here are a few tips to find the books that will best fit your family’s needs:
- Visit your local library – You can perform a search in the library’s database yourself, or you can ask the librarian to help you.
- Support Groups – If you participate in a support group, ask other members for referrals
- AARP – AARP maintains a list of books to help family caregivers navigate a variety of caregiving concerns. Visit http://www.aarp.org/entertainment/books/bookstore/home-family-caregiving/AARP–
- Idaho has developed a comprehensive guide for caregivers in Idaho; A Resource Guide for Idaho Family Caregivers.
- Diagnosis Specific Websites – Many websites, such as the Alzheimer’s Association, offer a list of helpful resources.
- Talk to your friends, neighbors, church, and civic groups