Resource Tag: statewide

VA Homeless programs HUD-VASH

The HUD-VASH is a collaborative program between HUD and the VA that combines HUD housing vouchers with VA supportive services to help Veterans who are homeless and their families find and sustain permanent housing.

211 Idaho Careline

Navigators can help you find resource using a statewide resource database. They can help find resources to address various concerns including employment, food, domestic violence, housing, mental health, transportation, medical care, and more. Navigators can help with rental and deposit assistance for families with children in the home who qualify. They have an online resource list:

Relatives as Parents Support Groups

There are Relatives as Parents support groups statewide that offer support, training, resources, and encouragement to grandparents or other family members that are raising the child of a relative either formally or informally.

Information on Support Groups:

Region 1: Relatives as Parents support group. Contact Jessica Gross or Glenda Weaver by calling 208-660-4905 or visit 

Region 3 & 4: Idaho Relatives As Parents (IRAP) support group. Email for more information.
Meetings: 1st and 3rd Thursday of month from 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. and 1st Monday from 1 – 2 p.m.
For information on the Spanish speaking group, contact Elva Villareal by calling 208-888-3331 or emailing

Region 5: Kinship/GAP support group. Contact Shawna Wasko at 208-736-2126 for more information.

Region 6: Kinship Care Support: Contact the local Area Agency on Aging for current support group information at 208-233-4032 or email

Region 7: Email for more information.

Certfied Family Homes Certification and Recertification

This page provides information on how to get certified to care for an adult Medicaid or private pay resident who lives with you. Office location: 1720 N Westgate Dr, Ste B, Boise, ID 83704 (Statewide resource). Email: